Important notices – please read
Vehicle: means the motorcycle, dirt bike or go kart specified on your One Underwriting Policy Schedule. It includes any accessory attached to the vehicle which is listed on your One Underwriting Policy Schedule.
What does this policy cover me for?
One Underwriting Off Road Bike Insurance policy provides cover for your vehicle (including any accessory attached to it) in the event of loss or damage caused by the following events anywhere in Australia:
- damage to the vehicle while in transit – caused by the collision or overturning of the conveying vehicle and/or trailer transporting the vehicle;
- fire, lightning, explosion, storm and earthquake; and
- theft of the vehicle – provided that the vehicle is secured by chain and lock to a fixed object at the time of the theft and stored within a fully enclosed locked building when kept at the garaging address.
What is not covered by this policy?
This policy does not cover the following:
- damage caused while loading and unloading your vehicle onto or from conveyance or trailer;
- wear and tear, gradual deterioration, mechanical or electrical breakdown;
- damage caused during use of your vehicle, including use for hire;
- any legal liability whatsoever.
Are there any important policy conditions that I should be aware of?
The following important conditions apply to your cover:
- your vehicle must be secured with a lock and chain to a fixed object at all times when not in use; and
- your vehicle must be stored within a fully locked and housed within an enclosed building when kept at the garaging address.
This brochure only provides a summary of the cover provided. For full details of the cover, including policy conditions and exclusions, please refer to the Off Road Bike Insurance Policy available from One Underwriting on request.
How much will my cover cost?
The premium is based on the market value of your vehicle. To find out how much you have to pay simply refer to the price table. For a quote on multiple vehicles please call our office on 07 3223 7517.
Basis of claims settlement
The insurer can choose either to repair, replace, pay you the cost of repairing your vehicle or pay you up to current market value (or replacement value if your vehicle is less than 12 months old and you are the original owner) – less the appropriate excess. Settlement includes accessories fitted to your vehicle which are not standard for that make and model.
What policy excess will be deducted if I make a claim?
Standard Excess – an excess of $250 will be deducted for all claims except in the event of theft.
Theft Excess – an excess of $500 will be deducted for theft claims.
How do I arrange cover?
Simply complete the attached application form in full and forward it to us at the address shown. No contract is entered into until your payment and application form is received and approved by us.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
We have dedicated staff on hand to answer your questions.
Please call us on 07 3223 7517 or by email to email@example.com or visit our website www.oneunderwriting.com.au and we will be happy to help.
Duty of Disclosure
Before you enter into a contract of insurance, you have a duty under the Insurance Contracts Act 1984 (Cth) to disclose anything that you know, or could reasonably be expected to know, that may affect the insurer’s decision to insure you and on what terms. You have that duty after proposal, and up until the time the insurer agrees to insure you. You have the same duty before you renew, extend, vary or reinstate a contract of insurance.
You do not need to tell the insurer anything that:
- reduces the risk that is insured;
- is common knowledge;
- your insurer knows or should know as an insurer; or
- the insurer waives compliance with your duty of disclosure.
If you are uncertain about whether or not a particular matter should be disclosed to the insurer, please contact us or your appointed broker.
If you do not tell your insurer anything you are required to, the insurer may cancel your contract or reduce the amount that it is required to pay you if you make a claim, or both. If your failure to disclose is fraudulent, the insurer may refuse to pay a claim and treat the contract as if it never existed.
I/We agree on my own behalf and on behalf of all other insured persons that: the within statements are true. The Duty of Disclosure has been complied with. The Vehicle described is and shall be maintained in an appropriate condition. When signing the Proposal/Quotation Form, I/ We acknowledge that should some or all of the answers stated in this form NOT be in my/our own handwriting, the answers have been checked and I/We certify they are correct and that I/We agree to accept a policy subject to the terms, exceptions and conditions prescribed therein. I/We acknowledge what is covered by this policy and what is not covered and have read the Important Notices attaching to this Proposal Form. The Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for this policy may be made available as described in the “Our Product Disclosure Statement’ notice. I/We have read and agree to the terms of the Privacy Notice.
The Insurer and its Agent
- This Insurance is underwritten by HDI Global Specialty SE - Australia. You can contact HDI Global Specialty SE - Australia at Tower 1, Level 33, 100 Barangaroo Avenue, Sydney NSW 2000, Telephone (02) 8373 7580.
- One Underwriting acts as an agent of HDI Global Specialty SE - Australia in arranging and entering into this motor insurance, not the Insured.
- This quotation is valid only for a period of thirty (30) days and may be withdrawn or varied at any time by us.
- By submitting the request for quotation you confirm that you have read and agree to the terms of the Privacy Notice sent to you by us.
- In submitting the information you are acting as agent of the proposed insured(s) and are doing so on their behalf.
Short Form Privacy Disclosure and Consent
- If you are disclosing personal or sensitive information about any other person to OU, you confirm that you have obtained the consent of that person to disclose to OU their personal or sensitive information and you have made them aware that OU will or may disclose their information to third parties that are reasonably necessary to assist in the provision of the relevant services or products. If you have not obtained consent from this other person to disclose their personal or sensitive information to OU, you will inform us before providing the relevant information to us.
By submitting this Quotation & Proposal Off Road Bike | ATV | Go-Kart Insurance, you acknowledge that you have read the OU Privacy Notice and agree that we can handle any personal information you have provided to us in the manner set out above