I/We agree on my own behalf and on behalf of all other insured persons that: the within statements are true. The Duty of Disclosure has been complied with. The Vehicle/Motorcycle described is and shall be maintained in an appropriate condition. In submitting this form, I/We acknowledge the answers have been checked and I/We certify they are correct and that I/We agree to accept a Policy subject to the terms, exceptions and conditions prescribed therein. The vehicle/motorcycle to be insured shall not be driven/ridden by any person under 30 years of age (or as otherwise prescribed on Your Policy Schedule). The vehicle/motorcycle to be insured shall not be driven/ridden by any person who to my/our knowledge has been refused any motor insurance or the continuance thereof. The Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for this Policy may be made available as described in the “Our Product Disclosure Statement” notice. I/We have read and agree to the terms of the Privacy Notice.
- This Insurance is underwritten by HDI Global Specialty SE - Australia, (ABN 58 129 395 544, AFS Licence number 458776), with its registered address at Tower 1, Level 33, 100 Barangaroo Avenue, Sydney NSW, 2000. Telephone (02) 8373 7580.
- One Underwriting acts as an agent of HDI Global Specialty SE - Australia in arranging and entering into this motor insurance, not the Insured.
- By submitting this declaration You confirm that You have read and agree to the terms of the Privacy Notice sent to you by Us.
- In submitting the information You are acting as agent of the proposed insured(s) and are doing so on their behalf.
Our Product Disclosure Statement
The law requires that You receive a “Product Disclosure Statement” (PDS) prepared by HDI Global Specialty SE - Australia. The PDS aims to give You enough information to decide whether to buy this product. The PDS is made up of a number of documents. The Proposal and the PDS and Policy wording contains the standard terms and conditions of cover. If cover is issued, the Policy Schedule other documents We tell You are included, will update and becomes part of the PDS. These documents are available to You (if You or Your agent does not already have them, by calling Us, visiting Our office or website: oneunderwriting.com.au)
Your Duty of Disclosure:
Before You enter into a contract of insurance, You have a duty under the Insurance Contracts Act 1984 (Clth) to disclose anything that You know, or could reasonably be expected to know, that may affect Our decision to insure You and on what terms. This includes Your driving record and insurance history for the previous five (5) years and any criminal convictions whether current or spent for the previous ten (10) years prior to the inception of, or renewal of the insurance Policy.
You have that duty after proposal, and up until the time we agree to insure you. You have the same duty before You renew, extend, vary or reinstate a contract of insurance.
You do not need to tell Us anything that:
- reduces the risk that is insured;
- is common knowledge;
- Your insurer knows or should know as an insurer; or
- the insurer waives compliance with Your duty of disclosure.
If You are uncertain about whether or not a particular matter should be disclosed to the insurer, please contact Us or Your appointed insurance broker.
If You do not tell Your insurer anything You are required to, the insurer may cancel Your contract or reduce the amount that is required to pay You if You make a claim, or both. If Your failure to disclose is fraudulent, the insurer may refuse to pay a claim and treat the contract as if it never existed.
Short Form Privacy Disclosure and Consent
- If You are disclosing personal or sensitive information about any other person to One Underwriting, You confirm that You have obtained the consent of that person to disclose to One Underwriting their personal or sensitive information and You have made them aware that One Underwriting will or may disclose their information to third parties that are reasonably necessary to assist in the provision of the relevant services or products. If You have not obtained consent from this other person to disclose their personal or sensitive information to One Underwriting, You will inform Us before providing the relevant information to Us.
By submitting this declaration, You acknowledge that You have read the One Underwriting Privacy Notice and agree that We can handle any personal information You have provided to Us in the manner set out above Unless You tick here, We or any of Our group of companies may be in touch by any means (including email or SMS) at any time to let You know about goods, services or promotions that may be of interest to You.